So for anyone who might read this who doesn't know me or anything about me I'll start off by saying that I am currently going to California State University Northridge to major in Child Development. One of the classes I'm taking this semester is called Play and Human Potential. The class is basically to talk about the importance of play across the human lifespan. In more general terms it is to talk about how play, recreation and leisure is very important to have in our lives whether we are little kids, teenagers, adults, or seniors.
So one of the assignments she had us do was to make our own bucket list...
Yes you heard me correctly..
A bucket list of things we would like to do before we die. I had never thought of this before so it was a little hard to think of some things.
So here is my bucket list...
1. Get married
2. Have children
3. Become a child life specialist at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles
4. Go on a mission trip to orphanages somewhere.
5. Go on trips to visit my friends in the U.S. and some other countries as well.
6. Start a non profit organization- Possibly having to do with sending cards of encouragement to all people around the world whether they are sick or not. Everyone sometimes just needs a little bit of encouragement to get through the day. :)
7. Start some sort of hospital ministry with my church. (Not sure how to start this)
8. Have my poetry published in some sort of book of a collection of poems I've written and give it out to people for free. Sort of like my dad's book Running Beyond Inspiration.
9. Work at a retirement center or be able to visit with the seniors there and do it often. "They can be so lonely sometimes and I just love talking to them."
10. See 1 person come to faith in Christ before my very eyes.
That's my bucket list.. I know that my bucket list seems small and that my choices might look odd but this is my bucket list. I look at it and wonder if I will ever see these things happen and can I accomplish any of these.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
But we have to remember that we don't know the number of our days. 10 out of 10 people die. We will all die one day. What matters is not what we do here in this life but what happens to you when you pass away?
So what do you think?
I think we all will either end up in heaven or in hell. Let's see where you will end up. We'll use God's law the Ten Commandments as the standard.
Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, taken God's name in vain?
If you have then by your own admission you are a lying, thieving, blasphemer at heart.
That doesn't sound like a good person to you does it?
So would you be innocent or guilty? Guilty.
Would you go to heaven or hell? Hell
But God didn't want for that to happen. So God sent his only son Jesus Christ, fully God, fully man without sin to die a horrible death on the cross for you and me. Three days later he rose again and forever defeated death.
What God requires from us is that if He is drawing you to himself is that you repent, turn away from your sins and put your faith in Jesus Christ alone to save you. Jesus says "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14:6
You can't save yourself. Only Jesus Christ can save you from the wrath which is to come.
If you have any questions please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or post it as a comment and I'll be glad to talk to you about it.
I'll just leave you with this song at the end of the post. I didn't make this youtube video but I love the song and I think it's very fitting to this post. This song is called The Line Between the Two by Mark Harris