Friday, April 6, 2012

Proverbs 31:30 continued and Genesis 3

So I decided to look into Proverbs 31:30 some more and the John MacArthur commentary says "True holiness and virtue command permanent respect and affection, for more than charm and beauty of face and form" cf 1 Tim 2:9-10 and 1 Peter 3:!6. In reference a gentle and quiet spirit is beauty that never decays. Gentle is actually meek or humble and quiet is the character of her action and reaction to her husband and life in general.

Yesterday I was wondering about Genesis 2 and about verse 24 about the man leaving mother and father and clinging to his wife and my question about the wife holding fast to the husband. I did further research by talking to my dad and he told me the emphasis is placed on the man but that it is implied for the woman as well. In Jewish culture then the husband and the wife usually lived with the wife's family.

I read Genesis 3 as well.

The first time that a man became afraid was Adam after he ate the fruit that he wasn't supposed to eat (v.10). Just think if he hadn't eaten the fruit how much different would be now. I can only imagine....

No comments: