Thursday, April 5, 2012

Proverbs 31:30 and Genesis 2

I'm sure you're wondering what this verse in Proverbs and Genesis 2 have in connection with each other. Well they don't.

Proverbs 31:30 has been the verse that has been on my mind today. It says "Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." A couple of my coworkers have talked to me how I would probably look my age and prettier/beautiful if I changed my hairstyle and wore a little bit of makeup. I wonder how true that is but then I think of this verse and I'm thinking it shouldn't matter what my outside appearance looks like rather the inside is what counts. I pray that God would show me what is okay to do.

Read Genesis 2 today.

A question I have is: Does the garden of Eden still exist to this day and if so where? I think it would be neat to see it. The other thing it mentioned was in verse 24 it says a man shall leave his mother and father and hold fast to his wife but we don't see the woman leaving her mother and father and holding fast to her husband. I wonder why that is?

No comments: