Thursday, October 28, 2010

Joyful Peace

Peace surpassing
All my understanding
Love never fading
So very comforting
To know that my Savior, He...
Yes He
Is always right beside me
Through life's greatest trials
And plagues of worry sweep through
He will always remain
He will always be true

His love so astounding
So utterly amazing
And I so undeserving

I can never thank Him enough
For His awesome sacrifice
and wonderful grace, mercy and love
The least I can do is give Him my all
Every second of my life
To thank Him for what He did to pay the price
For all the sins I had done wrong
and continue to do for so very long

And that when I would surrender all my life to Him
I would forever and ever be a daughter to Christ
And I would be His for Eternity
And knowing that is so wonderful to me
That it gives me such a joyful peace

So I need not fear when death draws near
For God knows the time, place, manner, and day.
I need not worry because I am saved.
If I have truly given my life to God
And if He alone drew me to repentance and faith.

All I then can say is
Lord Thank For Choosing Me On That Special Day!

by Michelle Miano

The beginnings of this poem were written as I was listening to a sermon given by Mike Livingston at my church on October 3rd. The passage of Scripture he discussed was Philippians 1:18-26. Through listening to his sermon and reading this passage I made the poem you just read.

Philippians 1:18-26 (New American Standard Bible)

18What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice,
19for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will not be put to shame in anything, but that with all boldness, Christ will even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.
To Live Is Christ
21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
22But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose.
23But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better;
24yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.
25Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy in the faith,
26so that your proud confidence in me may abound in Christ Jesus through my coming to you again.

The sermon was very encouraging to me. If you want to listen to it the link is here.

I hope it encourages you as much as it did to me. Love you my dear brothers and sisters in Christ!

No comments: