Friday, November 5, 2010

Why? Oh Why? and Doubts

Why? Oh Why?

I lament
I cry
Woe is me
Why God? Why me?
I cry out in self pity
Why? Oh Why?
My thoughts and his lying words deceived me
Trials come my way
Still I try to understand
Why did the Lord make it happen this way?
Why a time and trials so rough?

So He can show me how I am weak
And need to have faith
And on Him I need to lean
For everything
And in Him alone put my trust

by Michelle Miano



Doubts?

When all these doubts plague me
And my worries overwhelm me
I cry out "Why me?"
Who can give me the strength I need?

Only Jesus, our Lord, our Savior, our mighty King
Who alone reigns with power and majesty.
Can give us the strength that we need.

by Michelle Miano


I decided to put these two poems up together in one post because they were similar and shorter than most of my other poems. I wrote these a couple months ago but didn't feel comfortable putting these up until today.. I'm not sure why today is different than any other day but maybe someone else is going through what I've been feeling and just needs to read/see/hear these poems to know that they are not alone in feeling this way. I hope it helps lift someones spirits.

Much love to my dear sisters and brothers in Christ.

No comments: