Sunday, August 3, 2014

I Am Thankful (Day 4)

I am thankful today for:

1. A wonderful message from Travis Allen at Doulos at Grace Community Church this morning. His message was convicting. I found the most convicting part when he said "Your pastime should be deep study in Scripture and not in Facebook." I should be spending less time on Facebook and more time with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Another part that really spoke to me was when he was talking about temptation that the Devil throws at us. Travis said "Put in words what you feel like doing and that will help you fight off the temptation and entices. Articulate the temptations you feel. You are not in bondage to them." I think when I encounter those temptations and entices I will try doing that and see if that helps.

2. A nice time working on invitations for my sister's bridal shower with my sister and my mom. We got them all done today.

3. A nice time with the family and Brian playing Yahtzee. I haven't played that game in forever. It was so much fun.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: