Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Proverbs 31:30

Proverbs 31:30 says "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

I decided to use this post to discuss some things that are in this passage.

So many times I feel like women in general care too much about their appearance.

Why do we do that?

I think some women can feel insecure in the way they look. They want to appeal to the men. They think that if they don't put enough makeup or this or that on and accessorize that the guys will not look at them. They think it is more of an outward appearance that appeals than what is inside.

I disagree with this point of view. Although I have felt insecure with the way I look at times. I don't think outward appearance is what counts but what is on the inside. The verse above says that beauty is fleeting...

I don't think we should worry about how we look ladies. Oh we can look nice for a special occasion but lets not overdo it shall we???

This is one reason why I have been uncomfortable with the idea of wearing makeup that much and have never worn makeup besides maybe a blush and even that is for very rare occasions.

I think we can fit jewelry into this section as well. If you wear anything, I wouldn't suggest wearing something large and clunky. If you think about it, it can just attract attention to an area where you shouldn't be trying to.. It can cause your Christian brothers to stumble.

Did you ever think about that?

If you really want to wear jewelry I would wear something small and simple not large as to not attract attention there.

So I've talked about beauty. Now I'll discuss what I think we as ladies should really concern ourselves with.....

The verse above says "but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

Well my opinion of this section is...

I believe what really matters is what is in the inside. What we look like really shouldn't matter. The heart is what matters not looks.

The guy who will want to marry you one day should really care about how much we are in love with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. For Christ should be our number one priority before anyone and anything else. The young guy should care about where you stand in your walk with Christ before he ever thinks about the way you look.

So don't worry about how you look but rather that you have a solid foundation and love for Christ who gave his life for you.

I believe as ladies we should be spending more time with our Abba Father while we are single or even when we become married then wondering if we look good to everyone else. Too often I see young girls whether they are Christians or not flirting with the young guys. I find this sad.

Stop trying to get the guys attention!!!

We should be fearing God. Spending as much time as possible with Him. Meditating on His Word, praying, memorizing scripture.

We should be falling in love with Christ!!!! We shouldn't be like the world.

I'd like to remind you of a few verses ladies

Romans 12:1-2 "1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

1 John 2:15-17 "15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. 17 The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever."

Please consider what I say as a sister in Christ. Thanks so very much.

1 comment:

Angela Belt-Newcom said...

I wish more young women had your sense and maturity, Michelle! Bravo! :)