Sunday, June 28, 2009

In The Blink Of An Eye

Well during the trip to Washington D.C I felt like I was in a dream. Somebody pinch me, am I really seeing these things? I couldn't believe I was finally here seeing history right in front of me. :)

There was only one moment that I was snapped back from this dream and into reality and it was in the blink of an eye.

Well we were in D.C for vacation. Everything was going nice and smooth except for that it was too hot for my liking...

We had been walking forever.. Dad sees people crossing the street even though it was a red Don't Walk ahead. So he thinks its alright and tells us to cross with him. Well I was tired so I was a little slower than everyone and was behind them. As I was walking behind them a crazy taxi cab driver decides to zoom up the street and honking his horn at me. He was coming down really fast and I was afraid that he was going to hit me. I made a dash for the curb as he almost nearly ran me over, honking his horn the entire time. Not sure what would have happened if I hadn't made a dash for the curb. He wasn't even going to stop for a pedestrian walking by but thought he had the right of way and everyone needed to get out of the way or else. That's not nice. At least in CA, most if not all people have the decency to wait for the pedestrians to get to the curb or they at least slow down. I have to say that was way to close and it happened but in just the blink of an eye. Now I have to say after that I was most grateful that I had not been struck by that driver that day and something worse had not happened. It wasn't my time yet. Praise God.

But even though I was in that scary experience I have to ask you this most important question..

Do you know what will happen to you if God decides to take your life away from you in a blink of an eye?

I know I will be spending eternity in heaven when that day comes because I have a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

But do you??

Do you think you are a good person?

Well here's how we can find out if you are a good person.

Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, used God's name in vain, or always obeyed your parents?

Most likely you have done these things and not always obeyed your parents.

In your case according to the Ten Commandments which is God's Law would he find you innocent or guilty of breaking those?

Guilty.

Would you then end up in heaven or hell?

Hell

Does that concern you?

Well if it does... That's good.

Did you know what God did so that you wouldn't have to go to hell?

God sent his son Jesus Christ, fully God, fully man without sin to die on the cross. He paid the fine that we so rightly deserve for breaking his law and then three days later he rose again and forever defeated death.

Isn't that great?

What God requires of us is that we repent of our sins, make a 180 degree turn from them and place our faith and trust in Jesus Christ alone to save us.

Jesus says "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."

So repent today. He's your only hope!

Don't wait... You might pass away in just the blink of an eye. You don't want to wait till the last minute to find out. You don't want to be there on judgment day hearing God say "Depart from me I never knew you." Then if he says that you'll be spending the rest of your days in eternity in hell.

Don't miss heaven!

I'll leave you with this song by MercyMe... Thanks for reading this.

No comments: