Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Fisherman

I just finished reading "The Soul Winner" by Charles Spurgeon. For those of you who haven't read it I would definitely recommend it. It is an awesome book.. :) I was really convicted by a certain paragraph in this book and I thought I would share it with you.

The fisherman is a very hardworking person. It is not at all any easy calling. He does not sit in an armchair and catch fish. He has to go out in rough weathers. If he that regards the clouds will not sow, I am sure that he that regards the clouds will never fish. If we never do any work for Christ except when we feel up to the mark, we shall not do much. If we feel that we will not pray because we cannot pray, we shall never pray. If we say, "I will not preach today because I do not feel that I could preach," we shall never preach any preaching that is worthwhile. We must be always at it until we wear ourselves out, throwing our whole souls into the work for Christ's sake.

So with whom, will you share the gospel with today?

I'm not sure about who God will have me share the gospel with today. But tomorrow I will be teaching Sunday School again and I will be sharing the entire gospel with whomever I have in my class. I teach PreK-2nd grade at Granada Hills Community Church. I can't wait to see what the Lord has planned. :)

No comments: